Applying For Student Visa | Study Permit Canada

Study Visa/ Permit

Canada has always welcomed international students from around the globe for decades. Many of the Canadian Universities are present in reputed international rankings. Canadian degrees, certificates, and diplomas are considered internationally equal to equivalent degrees in the U.S. and other Commonwealth countries.

Most foreign nationals need a Study permit if they want to study in Canada at designated learning institutions (DLIs).

Study permit and visa are two different things. If you are a citizen from a visa-exempt country, you don’t need a visa to travel to Canada (eTA may still be required), but if you want to study in Canada, you need to apply for a Study permit in advance. For a citizen from a visa-requiring nation, you need to apply for a Study Permit, and the underlying visa will automatically be given to you, if your application for a study permit will be approved.

If you’re applying for a study permit, you should apply online, whether you’re outside of Canada or already in Canada. In the majority of the cases, for an initial Study Permit application, you have to apply from outside Canada.

study visa permit

The eligibility requirements to apply for a Study Permit are that you need to:

1.) Have a letter of acceptance from a designated learning institution (DLI) in Canada. The official list of DLI’s can be found at the following link:

2.) Prove that you have enough money to pay for your tuition fees and living expenses for yourself and any family members who come with you to Canada, and pay return transportation costs for yourself and any family members who come with you to Canada

3.) Obey the law, have no criminal record, and get a police certificate (if required)

4.) In good health and get a medical exam (if required), and

5.) Prove to an officer that you will leave Canada when your study permit expires As an international student, you need to make sure that are actively pursuing your study program in Canada and follow all the conditions listed on your study permit.

You may be allowed to work off-campus for a maximum of 20 hours/ week, and can also work on- campus jobs. You can check more details related to work while study in Canada by the

following link: