Canadian Super Visa for Parents & Grandparents

super visa

Super Visa

Super visa is a multiple entry 10-year TRV authorizing period of stay for up to 2 years in Canada. It is a great way of family reunification. Since the invitations under the Parents and Grandparents sponsorship program are sent randomly, therefore it is an ideal way for the parents and grandparents so far to come to Canada and see their children. If you are planning to stay in Canada for a period of less than 6 months, it would be better to apply for a Visitor Visa instead of a Super Visa.

Only the parents and grandparents of a Canadian Citizen or a permanent resident of Canada can apply for a Super Visa. Dependents can’t be included in a Super Visa application. You have to apply for a super visa from outside Canada.


TRVs allow Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) to examine foreign nationals before they show up at our ports of entry. They can examine a foreign national’s intention in wanting to come to Canada, and review if they pose medical, criminal, or security concerns.

Where to apply for a Visitor Visa:

Visa applicants can be filed either:

1.) Online (IRCC application portal)

2.) Paper (Visa Application Centre)

Initial TRV applications must be processed at a migration office abroad (consulate or embassy with an immigration section).

Applicants holding a valid work or study permit and who are residing in Canada can choose to apply for a new visa from inside of Canada by submitting an application to the TRV section of the Case Processing Centre (CPC) in Ottawa.

Foreign nationals residing abroad must submit their visa application to the office that serves either the country of their nationality or the country in which the applicant is present and has been lawfully admitted.

If you are looking to apply for a visitor visa, and need any assistance in filing your application, you can always Contact Us.